CURRENT FAMILY RESOURCES
Welcome to The Family Zone! A quick resource for our families to find the most frequently used forms, sites, and video tutorials.
You may purchase approved uniforms online at Lands' End or our local provider, Threads LLC. The PTO also hosts used uniform sales during the summer and the beginning of the school year. Watch social media and email announcements for these dates.
You may also purchase dress code approved uniforms and have them embroidered with our CCS logo by Threads LLC. Parents may come into the front office in the main school lobby to drop off and pick up uniforms for embroidery. Here is the printable form for ordering embroidery from Threads.
2022-2023 Charleston Collegiate School Uniform & Dress Code
The CCS School Uniform and Dress Code has been updated as of May, 2022.
CCS families can purchase color-approved apparel and have these items embroidered with our CCS logo by Threads LLC. Parents may come into the front office in the main school lobby to drop off/pick up apparel to be embroidered. Click here for the printable form to order embroidery from Threads.
The PTO also hosts used uniform sales during the summer and the beginning of the school year. Watch social media and email announcements for these dates.
Lower School Uniform Policies
● All belongings must be clearly labeled with your child's name.
● All shirts, dresses, and outerwear must have the CCS logo and be a solid white, light blue, or navy blue. Outerwear includes vests, pullovers, sweaters and non-hooded sweatshirts and must include the two-toned CCS logo or official CCS athletic logo.
● Rain jackets and cold-weather coats do not require a CCS logo but we encourage navy or light blues.
● Shorts, skirts, skorts and pants do not need the Charleston Collegiate logo.
● Hair may be long but must be kept out of the eyes.
● Hats or sunglasses are not permitted indoors.
● Flip-flops, sandals and/or “Crocs” are not permitted.
● Closed-toed, athletic sneakers must be worn at all times. Our students will be outdoors throughout the day which could include the OEC, garden, and playground.
● On Wednesdays only, all students may dress in CCS spirit wear or Blue/Gold shirts. CCS spirit wear tops include anything purchased through CCS events, clubs, sports, or Booster Club. Spirit wear bottoms should be gray, light or navy blue athletic shorts, skorts, or pants.
● Navy, white, or light blue polo shirts or sweaters must have a CCS logo.
● Any long-sleeved undershirts must be solid white, navy, light blue or gray.
● Pants or shorts should be solid navy or khaki-colored.
● Neckties and bow ties are not required but encouraged on picture day with white oxford shirts.
● Navy, white, or light blue polo shirts or sweaters must have a two-toned CCS logo.
● Any long-sleeved undershirts must be solid navy, light blue or gray.
● Shorts, skirts, skorts or pants should be solid navy or khaki-colored.
● Leggings (or privacy shorts) cannot be worn as pants. Solid navy or gray leggings are permitted under skirts.
● Solid navy or gray privacy shorts are required under all skirts, jumpers, and dresses.
● Plaid uniform style skirts, jumpers, and dresses may be worn. The plaid must be the Lands’ End CCS plaid. All dresses and jumpers must have the two-toned CCS logo.
Middle School Uniform Policies
Dress Code Violations: Students will be asked to remedy the situation at school or a parent is called either to bring the appropriate items to school or to take the student home to change. Detentions will be given to students who are out of the dress code and cannot remedy the situation immediately. Repeated violations may result in further disciplinary consequences.
● All belongings, especially outerwear, must be clearly labeled with your child's name.
● All shirts, dresses, and outerwear must be a solid white, light blue, or navy blue and have the CCS logo or official CCS athletic logo. Outerwear includes pullovers, sweaters and sweatshirts.
● Rain jackets and cold-weather coats do not require a CCS logo but we encourage navy or light blues and must be removed indoors.
● Shorts, skirts, skorts and pants do not need the CCS logo but must be navy or khaki. Cargo pants with outside pockets (other than the normal pockets found in the waist area of pants) are not permitted. The ACTIVE SKORT for girls is highly recommended.
● Students should be well-groomed and look professional. No distracting piercings are allowed.
● Clothing items with large stains, visible tears, or rips are not acceptable to wear to school.
● Hair may be long but must be kept out of the eyes. Hats are not permitted unless for cultural or religious reasons. Sunglasses may not be worn in any school building.
● Flip-flops, sandals and/or “Crocs” are not permitted. Closed-toe athletic shoes or sneakers must be worn at all times. Our students will be outdoors throughout the day which could include the OEC, PE, garden, and sports court.
● Neckties and bow ties are not required but are permitted.
● Athletic Team Apparel: Students participating in sports are allowed to wear their team jersey or uniform to school, with navy or khaki shorts/pants on game days. Students may also wear tournament, competition, and playoff shirts the next school day following the event.
● Students participating in PE may wear a CCS branded shirt or sweatshirt with solid light or navy blue or gray shorts, active skorts, joggers, or sweatpants. Leggings cannot be worn as pants on PE days. This is an updated dress code policy.
Uniform Tops for Girls and Boys
● Navy, white or light blue polo shirts must have a CCS logo or official CCS athletic logo.
● White oxford style shirts with CCS logo are permitted but must be tucked in with a belt.
● Any long-sleeved undershirts worn must be solid gray, white, navy or light blue.
● Cardigans and blazers may be worn over an approved shirt but must be solid navy or light blue. Cardigans and blazers do not need to have a CCS logo.
Uniform Bottoms for Girls and Boys
● Length of shorts, skirts, and skorts must be of acceptable length (mid-thigh in the front and back while standing). Mid-thigh is defined as the point of the leg beyond the fingertip with the arms and fingers fully extended at the sides.
● Pants, skirts, skorts or shorts should be solid navy or khaki-colored. These items do not require the CCS logo. The active skort is highly recommended from Lands End.
● Girls may also wear skirts that are plaid (CCS plaid from Lands End), navy, or khaki-colored.
● Solid navy or gray leggings are permitted under skirts. Leggings cannot be worn as a substitute for pants, including PE days.
● Jumper dresses, skirts, and polo dresses must be navy, khaki, or Charleston Collegiate plaid (as seen on the Lands’ End website).
Upper School Smart Casual Dress Code for 2022-23
The purpose of these expectations for dress and attire is to foster a smart casual (between casual and business casual, smart casual is defined as neat, conventional, yet relatively relaxed in style, especially as worn to conform to a particular dress code), safe, and respectful environment at school. Students are expected to be well groomed and their clothing must be clean and neat. These expectations are in effect during school hours, 8:00am to 3:00pm. These expectations apply as written to all field trips, site visits, academic internships, and other school-related activities, unless a supervising adult specifies otherwise.
● Text or images that promote violence, alcohol, tobacco, drugs or discriminate against race, religion, gender, creed, political views, or nationality are prohibited.
● Blankets or “Snuggies” may not be worn during the school day, or be used as a substitute for a coat or jacket.
● Undergarments of any sort must not be visible.
● Clothing with visible tears or rips is not acceptable, including jeans, tops, and tights.
● Slippers (athletic slides and Crocs are included) are not permitted.
● Sunglasses are not to be worn in buildings.
● Cultural headwear permitted. Hair accessories (headband etc) are permitted and do not count as headwear.
● On designated spirit days (“Blue/Gold” days), jeans in good repair, athletic bottoms and shorts/skorts of acceptable length, and CCS-branded t-shirts may be worn.
● On designated dress down and themed days, such as Spirit Week, CCS branded clothing is not required but must be school appropriate.
● Acceptable attire for field trips, academic internships, and other school functions varies by location and activity. Students must still follow the expectations for dress while at school even if not presently participating in such events. All students must wear a polo with the CCS logo on special occasions, events, and picture day.
Athletic Team Apparel
Students participating in sports should wear their athletic jerseys, uniforms, or team gear to school, with school approved bottoms on game days. All members of the team should be dressed in the same attire on game days. Students may also wear tournament, competition, and playoff shirts the next school day following the event.
Regular School Days (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday)
● Short- or long-sleeved smart casual top including collared shirts / button down shirts / polos / collarless blouses/ any color permitted. T-shirts are not permitted. CCS branded preferred (CCS logo or official CCS athletic logo and/or school name must be visible).
● Shoulders and midsections must be covered. Shirts may not be excessively low-cut.
● Only CCS branded hooded outerwear and sweatshirts are allowed. Hoods may not be worn over the head while on campus. Non CCS hoodies and sweatshirts are not permitted.
● Additional layers may be worn (e.g cardigans, knit sweaters, half zip tops) over tops. CCS branded preferred (CCS logo or official CCS athletic logo and/or school name must be visible).
● Seniors may wear outerwear if it is branded by a college or university to which the senior has been accepted.
● Jackets and outerwear (garments such as raincoats or overcoats, worn over other clothing for warmth or protection when outdoors) can have a hood and do not need to be CCS branded.
● Length of shorts, skirts, and skorts must be of acceptable length (mid-thigh in the front and back while standing. Mid-thigh is defined as the point of the leg beyond the fingertip with the arms and fingers fully extended at the sides).
● Chino-style pants, shorts, skorts, and skirts (acceptable length and worn at the waist) any color permitted. Dresses are also permitted (shoulders must be covered and length requirement remains).
● Jeans are not permitted.
● Excessively baggy pants (including cargo pants), athletic wear, sleepwear, and sweatpants are not permitted.
● Leggings or other bottoms made of spandex materials may not be worn as a substitute for pants.
● Length is still enforced even if wearing another garment underneath (bloomers, spandex, leggings, tights, etc.)
● CCS spirit wear permitted e.g blue / gold shirts, CCS athletic jerseys.
● Athletic bottoms of appropriate length and non-spandex material are permitted. Leggings or other bottoms made of spandex materials may not be worn. These do not need to be CCS branded.
● ONLY CCS branded hooded outerwear and sweatshirts are permitted. Hoods may not be worn over the head while on campus.
Consequences for Violations of Dress Expectations
Following these expectations is one way that students show they wish to be a part of the school community. After the first approved infraction, the student who chooses not to follow these expectations will be required to wear the formal school uniform (see Middle School Dress Code for details). This consequence will apply equally to all students and will last for the duration of the semester. Further consequences for repeat offenses will be determined at the discretion of the administration and failure to comply may result in disciplinary action.
Nov. 15, 2021: Financial Aid & Scholarship Applications OPEN
Dec. 31, 2021: Financial Aid and Scholarship Paperwork DEADLINE
Jan. 10, 2022: Re-Enrollment for CCS Families OPENS
Financial Aid and Scholarship Awards will not be available to review on enrollment contracts in CCS Connect until after mid-late January.
Jan 31, 2022: Early Enrollment Discount DEADLINE: available for families who pay in full for the 22-23 school year. The Early Enrollment Discount is $500 per family. Not available for Financial Aid or Scholarship Enrollment Contracts.
Feb. 25, 2022: Re-Enrollment DEADLINE for Current CCS Families. Sign Enrollment contracts and pay deposits by this date to hold CCS placement. After this date, space will open to new families.
June 1, 2022: Deadline for cancellation of 22-23 enrollment and release of contractual obligations for the 22-23 school year.