Student Jobs Program The Student Jobs Program provides each student with a tangible way to make a contribution to the greater community, and to learn how membership in any community requires active citizenship, through application to certain vital responsibilities.
Charleston Collegiate School firmly believes that the lessons learned through our student-run job program are basic and necessary. Punctuality, follow-through, self-reliance, common sense, quality, dependability, responsibility, initiative and investment in the community are some of the program’s central goals.
Why a Jobs Program?
• To offer students more robust learning opportunities for leadership
• To ingrain a strong work ethic in students
• To enhance teamwork among the school community
• To enhance ownership and school pride among students
• To create a participatory culture and encourage involved citizenship
• To create a grounded culture and limit the culture of entitlement
• To enhance leadership potential/ability of students
• To teach the importance of fellowship and chain-of-command
• To enhance social/emotional intelligence of student body
• To offer bonding opportunities across grades