HIGH SCHOOL TRIP DETAILS:
Dates for rising 9th- 12th graders: June 21st-28th
Leaders: Mr. Haynie and Ms. Bowers.
This trip will be co-ed and open to all rising 9th - rising 12th-grade students. We will spend two nights in Pisgah National Forest, two nights at Table Rock State Park in Pickens SC, and three nights at the Nantahala Outdoor Center in Bryson City, NC.
- There are 14 available spots for this trip. First come, first serve.
- Students from other schools are also welcome to join in on the adventure.
- The cost for your child to attend is $1150
- Registration begins at 8:00 am on Monday, February 1st, 2021. No earlier.
A $600 deposit (by cash/check made out to Charleston Collegiate School) is due Monday, February 8th, 2021. Please put your child’s name and camp dates in the Memo portion of the check. The remaining $550 (by cash/check made out to CCS) will be due on April 1, 2020. Your deposit is non-refundable after March 15th. After May 1st, your trip is non-refundable.
How to Register:
Email Mr. Haynie at firstname.lastname@example.org
, no earlier than 8am on Monday, February 1st. Be sure to list your child’s name and the dates of the trip. Mr. Haynie will respond to your email to let you know the status of your request.
Below, you will find what we provide for each student on the trip.
- Transportation to and from Charleston, Nantahala Outdoor Center, Table Rock State Park, and Pisgah National Forest in NC
- Whitewater rafting, mountain biking, high ropes course, hiking, zip-lining, whitewater kayaking, swimming.
- All meals while on the trip (except two road meals at Subway)
- Tents and cooking equipment
- Two certified CPR/First Aid Instructors to accompany the group
- Two certified lifeguards for all water activities
- Complete equipment for group games and activities
- Two paid ice cream stops along the way
- At least 300 pictures and videos from the trip
- A combination of 30 years of experience in the field of Outdoor Education from the instructors
- Voted “The best trip in the world” for the past ten years by former campers